Mothers for Justice and Equality is looking for candidates like you to join us
Family Resource Advocate
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Family Resource Advocate is responsible for recruiting and enrolling low-income/disadvantaged individuals and families into Mothers for Justice and Equality.They are responsible for providing support services and case management to individuals and families in need.The Family Resource Advocate will be knowledgeable about Mothers for Justice and equality’s Programs and Services. They will also be responsible for enrollment of individuals into MJE programs and services. This position will also require the Family Resource Advocate to support the development and success of Mothers for Justice and Equality Education Programs, such as You Matter, Healing Through The Arts, Financial Literacy and Trauma and Resiliency Workshops. This includes, but is not limited to outreach and enrollment of participants as well as workshop setup and some facilitation.
• Conduct community outreach in order to bring in new individuals and
families into Mothers for Justice and Equality.
• Actively recruit new families and individuals into MJE.
• Work with Outreach manager to develop and outreach plan
• Maintain an up-to-date understanding of community resources as well as
current regulations and requirements for obtaining public benefits, housing
and other services.
• Provide one-to-one advocacy, information, and referrals to appropriate
resources, consistent with MJE mission, philosophy, and policies.
• Meet with clients to provide information to access services, resources, and
referrals for needs such as transportation assistance, food pantries, DTA and
other governmental offices, emergency shelter, housing and other
community resources. Provide information and referrals to services offered
by both MJE’s programs and other allied partners. Occasionally accompany
guests to appointments.
• Must have the ability and the experience to work with clients with a history
of domestic violence/trauma.
• Maintain accurate detailed records on clients on our database. Ensure
confidentiality when handling all aspects of clients’ information/documents.
• Intervene in guest’s crises and emergencies in a dignified and respectful
manner as needed.
• Develop Family Partnership Agreement (FPA) or individual agreement. Helps
family identify strengths, as well as areas needing improvement. Helps
establish goals and plans with parent(s). Follow-up phone contacts between
visits, ensuring contact with agency and update on progress with goals.
• Maintains contacts with families, striving to create positive supportive
relationships between family and program.
• Ensure Educational Workshops are filled to capacity.
• Assist with Workshop setup and breakdown
• Assist in calling and reminding participants of workshops date and time
• Assist with producing and organizing program material
• Perform any additional duties as assigned by the senior program manager
and violence intervention resource advocate.
• Report directly to the Senior Program Manager.
• Attend meetings at MJE and in the communities where we work.
• Work effectively with other staff members to ensure the success of programs.
• Communicates information effectively, both in written and oral form.
• Bilingual required. Spanish strongly preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field.
• At least one year of experience with advocacy, outreach, and/or case
management with poor and homeless women
• Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds, traditions, customs, and
• Understanding of and commitment to addressing issues affecting poor and
• Proven ability to work independently, creatively, flexibly and prioritize
within a high demand environment and a team player.
• Strong communication, computer, and keen organizational skills.
• Experience with crisis intervention regarding issues such as mental health,
substance abuse, domestic violence, and homelessness.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record
• Ability to relate to people of diverse backgrounds.
Mothers for Justice and Equality is an Equal Opportunity Employer by the EEOC
To apply please email your resume to dsmith@mothersforjusticeandequality