Mothers for Justice and Equality is looking for candidates like you to join us
Front Desk Receptionist
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Receptionist serves as the first point of contact at the MJE office by greeting and directing visitors, maintaining the front desk area, supplies area, receiving and sending mail, answering and routing phone calls, assisting staff with light administrative support, take on tasks in partnership with local teams collecting case-related documents, and directing and communicating with vendors. They will be responsible for data entry duties managing excel spreadsheets. The Receptionist will also assist the operations Manager by ensuring the submission of administrative documentation in a timely manner; reviewing storage and supplies as well as performing other clerical functions as needed.The Receptionist is principally responsible for creating a professional, welcoming climate for staff, clients, and guests.
A pleasant attitude, professional demeanor, and ability to manage general office operations are critical to this position.
- At least 1 years of related experience
- High school diploma required Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and process
- Demonstrated experience coordinating with vendors preferred
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be able to manage calendars and schedule events and meetings
- Knowledge of standard practices with respect to following an organization’s policies
- Manage opening and closing of the site
- Foster a professional and friendly atmosphere for all staff, clients, and visitors
- Answer and route a high volume of phone calls; take accurate messages, and screen calls for site
- Provide accurate, service-oriented responses to a wide variety of inquiries, both in person and via phone, while maintaining MJE standards and confidentiality policies.
- Refer to manuals, calendars, and the website to answer client and visitor questions.
- Provide information to the public about the organization, its mission, and its services.
- Schedule client appointments, and maintain appointment calendars.
- Maintain the front office binder and have appropriate materials on hand for all clients and visitors.
- Ensure that the reception area, conference rooms, and common areas are clean, organized, and uncluttered.
- Schedule coverage for own lunch breaks and absences.
- Redirect information, meeting, client, and contract-related requests to the appropriate staff member(s)
- Collect and make copies of client documents for case specialists
- Review and distribute incoming mail, packages, and faxes; handle all outgoing mail and packages.
- Receive, maintain, and log in-kind goods and services, distribute in-kind goods and services as directed by managers
- Excellent Communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- A strong sense of discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to handle multiple requests and work in a fast paced office environment
- Ability to interact with all members within the organization
- comfortable working as part of a team and expressing innovative or critical ideas
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative and creativity
- Dependable and flexible, able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Acts with integrity in all business transactions
*COMPENSATION BASED ON EXPERIENCE *
Mothers for Justice and Equality is an Equal Opportunity Employer by the EEOC
To apply please email your resume to dsmith@mothersforjusticeandequality